Friday, March 21, 2008

We pull our cash on Friday’s. We follow Dave Ramsey’s practices - cash envelopes, no debt (other than our house right now) and basically living below what we make. This does take a couple hours of planning and writing and strategizing each month, but I think it’s totally worth it. I have had some trouble recently staying within the envelopes, but this month I’m determined to make it work. When we moved we used the one credit card we have to charge all moving expenses - and yes, we paid it off at the end, but it was sooooo easy to buy things that we really didn’t need, and yes, when I sat down and looked at the whopping amounts of money that I spent carelessly I was so upset. Therefore, things are getting tighter around here - my personal conviction is that I can and will do better. Does anyone play the CVS Game?? I’d love to hear from you - I’m hoping to start this week! Do you have to put in some initial start up money at the beginning until you get ECB?? I’m so confused!!
Anyway, I’m going to post our categories here, that’ll help me be accountable. I’m also going to post all the money I spend on the grocery category. The other will just bore you, so I’ll keep that quiet.
Cash Withdrawl
Groceries: $62.50
Entertainment: $18.75
Clothing: $15
Blow Money - $40 ($20 for me, $20 for DH)
Miscellaneous - $25
I’m going to try to spend less in each category and work my way down on these figures. I think we budget too much for blow money, for entertainment, and I’d like to get down to $50 a week on groceries. This is my goal, my mission.

No comments: