Thursday, March 27, 2008

3 days later...


I'm sorry I disappeared for 3 days, it's been crazy around here! Easter Sunday was wonderful, after morning service my grandparents came over for lunch. I fixed a simple meal - Ham, mashed potatoes, pinto beans, green beans, cornbread, apple cake and brownies. After we ate, I had plenty of leftovers so I went and invited our next door neighbors over. They also took plates, and we STILL had plenty! Evening Service ended, and we had our youth from church over for a while - it was very spur of the moment, and they all chose to go get fast food of their choice and then congregated here to hang out together. It was fun. There's a new young man in church, has been here for almost a year. Bless his heart, he's 31, and due to the life he used to live he's not all there mentally. He sat here until 1am with my husband and I, giving his testimony of how he's seen people shot, beaten, done all kinds of drugs, etc. etc. It was utterly heartbreaking. I literally went to bed in TEARS after he was telling us of his father beating him, telling him he was worthless, and no good. How SAD. It made me so thankful that I grew up in a Christian home. It also makes me even more determined to cherish my family and home for sure.
The pregnancy is really hard on me this go around as well. With my first little, I had HG, and I lost lots of weight to start with. Finally around 27 weeks with medication I finally got to the point of functioning. I'm very nauseated with this baby, and so very very tired. I've allowed my self the last few days to do almost nothing, and my house is suffering. Dh even raised his eyebrows yesterday. My MIL was a wonder-woman, and I sometimes think I never will live up to her legacy in his mind. Still, I'm making myself do things and keeping hard candy in my mouth and sipping lots of water.

I wasn't around to post my Tackle-It-Tuesdays or Works for me Wednesdays, but I'll post quickly here.
My Tuesday idea was Ryan's little toy bins. Here's the before:

No, not bad, but it did have a lot of little pieces that he didn't play with, but eventually wound up all over the floor because they were there. Plus there were lots of things there that were from when he was much smaller. Here's the after:



Now for my other big project, I'm embarassed to say this, but I had let my ironing go for 5 whole weeks!!!!! I'm mortified! With moving, I just haven't taken the time. Sadly - it only took 1.5 hours to do it all, and here I've been putting it off, putting it off. I finally said this morning - NO MORE!


See?? Embarassing!!!


And then after a short little time listening to Adventures in Odyssey (yes, I'm a kid at heart still!) I had this:


That makes me so happy!!! Now I have to vow to stay on top of things!!

Supper tonight is as per the menu a rack of ribs (they're slowcooking in the oven now and YUM they smell good!), baked potatoes, corn on the cob (leftover from last year's garden) and yummy pinto beans! Can't WAIT! Although I do have some weird food aversions, usually as I sit down to the meal I've been craving to eat!

2 comments:

Little Natural Cottage said...

Thank you for your comment on my blog, Amy... it does sound like we have lots in common!! I look forward to getting to know you better!!!

~Kristy @ Homemaker's Cottage

P.S. Our oldest daughter's name is Amy... another common thread we share!! ;o)

MyKidsMom said...

Hi. I found your name in Kristy's comments and thought I would drop by.

I was wondering if by HG you meant hyperemesis (I assume so). I had this through all three of my pregnancies; the last one so severely I was put on feeding tubes for 6 months. I meet very few people who have actually had it; take care, and I'll say a prayer for you, and for your baby.