Saturday, March 22, 2008

Simple Saturdays

We’ve been working in the flower beds this morning - this old house had way too many bushes and lots of ant-filled mulch beds!! Tim hung my flag, and I’m going to hopefully go get a few flowers this afternoon to plant. There’s something about flowers that I just adore - they just seem to scream home to me.

We left and took all the old mulch and some of the bushes to the county landfill. We found a darling farmer’s market on the way home - oh it was wonderful!! I bought a few things - they’ll be at the bottom in my grocery list, as I’m using this to be accountable to what I have spent this week. I saw several ladies from church today as well - it’s so nice to live in a place now where I can run into people I know! Where we lived, no one was very friendly. In the 3 years I was there, the neighbors across the street even and everyone else except our mail carrier and immediate next door neighbors ever spoke to me. I went to the store, everything - nobody even said hello really. I love seeing people I know.

We then ate out for lunch - a local Mexican restaraunt had a $5 off coupon out, and Tim, Ryan & I ate for a mere $5.81. Tim had taco salad, and Ryan and I shared a taco, enchilada & refried beans. Add that to chips and salsa and we are STUFFED! Cheaply stuffed! Our budget for the week is $18.75, and that’s actually more than I’d like to spend, but if we save some each week it allows us to have some of the youth at church over for pizza once in a while.

Anyway, I’m going to end this post with a simple list of what I purchased today, just for records sake!

Foodland - $13.00
loaf of bread - $.89
stocked up on hamburger meat that was clearanced out - $12.11

Publix - $4.90
Soliel razor - $1 (clearanced at $3, had $2/1 coupon)
Cabbage - $.55 (on sale this week for 4lbs/$1)
Pantyhose - $2.99 (Gotta have them, pooh!)

Farmer’s Market - $4.47
10lbs potatoes - $1.99
container of fresh rosemary - $1.49
3 lbs. fresh okra - $.99

I got a new book in the mail today, courtesy of PaperbackSwap! It’s the very best of the Proverbs 31 Ministry book - I can’t wait to crack it open and see what wealth I can read! That, a cuppa sweet tea, and a soft quilt is in my book about as good as it gets!

No comments: