Saturday, March 22, 2008

guarding our homes

Proverbs 4:23 says that we should guard our hearts with all diligence. What is our hearts? Yes, we should guard our salvation, and our spiritual hearts with diligence, but one thing that has been on my mind the last few days is guarding our homes. Our home seems to be the heart of our family - whether it be the physical place we call home or the feeling of home when we’re with our husbands and children. Therefore, I think this is also calling us to guard our homes. I thought this last night as I began thinking about some aquaintances of ours, whom always seem to have strife in the home and family. How did that strife get there? Was it problems left untended? Disagreements left untalked about? What in their lives happened that caused them to get this way? I know from their experience they’re always going, always looking for more, always apart, always rushing here and there. They don’t have the time to simply BE.

Yes, we have tons to do each and every day, but God help me to take the time with my children and dear hubby to simply BE a family. We need those alone times, we need those things. We as mothers have a big part of guarding our hearts, our homes. Let us focus on bringing in good Godly qualities - such as contentment, patience, love, longsuffering, grace & meekness.
May seem strange, but this is what I have thought the last few days. Hopefully it will be understandable. I’m taking off for a while to simply BE

No comments: